Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: What the heck is this crap?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:15:57 EST

In a message dated 11/5/2002 7:42:57 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
<<
> This means that FA and SE can both change the actual meaning of
> sentences.
> 
> This is not explicitely stated anywhere, except maybe briefly in Chapter
> 16, whereas it is apparently something that needs to be kept in mind at
> all times.
> 
> I repeat my request for an errata.
>>
Well, CLL doesn't have it wrong; it just may not have it right often enough 
to catch the casual reader's eye (and where it has it right may not be 
indexed in any reasonable way).
But, if you follow the list at all, you will have seen cases of what happens 
with careless FA and SE discussed roughly every six months for as long as 
there has been a list (and before that as well back to 1976). It is about 
the third thing newbies get wrong and get corrected on, more or less gently 
(the first is {cu} and the second is usually {du} for predicate "is").