Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: What the heck is this crap?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 04:40:47 EST

In a message dated 11/6/2002 5:41:31 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
<<
> I have in fact been making an effort to document jboske stuff on the
> wiki. I'm sure I've missed tons of stuff, because there's so much
> of it, and I don't document stuff where no clear majoritarian view 
> emerges. But at least I'm trying, and hopefully others will be too.
>>
Best of British luck to you! Maybe the wiki is a good place to do this, 
since it is marginally harder to respond with another version of an old 
argument again.

<<
The secret is to try to summarize not the entire discussion, but only
the eventual conclusions.
Well, of late there have been precious few conclusions that are worth 
summarizing, though just laying out the possibilities would be some help. 
The really important thing, I think, however is to lay out the arguments so 
that, when the damn thing comes up again (and it will, despite our efforts), 
we can just say -- as xod is now doing -- see paragraph 3 or whatever. 
Otherwise, each newby will think he has found a new objection and launch sos 
again. Of course, every once in a while someone does find a new objection 
and that has to be dealt with -- but it would be nice to deal with the new 
piece without having to refight the old stuff over and over.