Subject: [lojban] Re: importing ro

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 00:38:58 -0000

xod:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, And Rosta wrote:
> 
> > I had forgotten that you don't accept
> >
> > ro broda cu brode
> > = ro da poi broda cu brode
> >
> > You have no grounds for saying this "is just not true", unless it
> > is clearly stated in the Red Book of Woldemar. It is not a question
> > of logic, it is merely a question of Lojban. Those two structures
> > are equivalent if we decree they are and not equivalent if we
> > decree they aren't. They are Lojban bridi, not logical formulas 
> 
> Are you sure that refusal to accept that equation is a
> legitimate possibility?

It's legitimate by simple logical and linguistic criteria. I don't
know whether it's legitimate by the criterion of compatibility
with Woldy. Maybe Jordan with his intimate knowledge of Scripture
can tell us whether the book pronounces one way or another on it.
Certainly the common lore has always been that they are equivalent,
with pc as a dissenting voice.

--And.