Subject: [lojban] Re: Wiki

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:52:04 -0700

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 05:35:31PM -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> Jay F Kominek scripsit:
> 
> > If someone would like to take it over, I would be happy to make the
> > Wiki read only, make a dump of the database and send it to you, so
> > you'll have the latest and greatest. I no longer read the list, so
> > such requests will have to be made directly.
> 
> Can you tell us what's needed in order to run this wiki in terms of system
> environment and available software?

It currently uses phpwiki and mysql. phpwiki requires php4, and, I
believe, Apache. You could get it running on basically any free Unix,
maybe even some toy operating systems.

The zip file, however, contains 1 file per Wiki page, with the raw wiki
text of the page in the file, and the file name being the name of the
wiki page. It wouldn't be very difficult to load it into any number of
other Wikis. A few minutes of Perl could presumably convert from phpwiki's
wiki markup language to whatever new software you care to use.

There are any number of different Wiki software packages available for
every conceivable platform, including Emacs.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
The NSA is now hiring. Send your resume to
Fort Meade, or speak into the thermostat.