Subject: On the blindingly rapid speed of Lojban decision-making

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 20:45:59 -0000

Idly googling I, ironically, stumbled across a message from me from
just over 7 years ago
(http://balance.wiw.org/~jkominek/lojban/9509/msg00195.html), containing this:

# Iain to pc:
# > > We cannot do this in Lojban, however, because, through a series of
# > > decisions, each taken for its own good reasons but without (some
# > > would argue) adequate attention to long range effects, Lojban has
# > > identified three originally very distinct notions, _ro da poi broda_,
# > > _ro broda_ and _ro lo broda_. Since the first of these was created
# > > exactly to have a universal quantifier with existential import,
# > Unfortunately, nobody told us that. :-)
#
# Too right. Surely it is obvious by now that there is no official line
# on how things work, and so The Powers That Be should take one, by
# whatever means official lines get taken. Or at least these discussions
# could be focused by debating the pros and cons of a proposed official
# line.
#
# Take, for example, the goatleg rule. We may not agree that it's the
# best solution, but at least we know where we stand.

It's amusing (in a wry, grim way) to see how much progess we've made
since then! (i.e. zero)

--And.