Subject: IRC logs and text archives - volunteers wanted

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:23:11 -0500

Robin P says that there has been a lot of activity on IRC for a while, but 
that in general he is not logging it and does not know of anyone else who is.

Does anyone have a collection of Lojban IRC logs? We are going to be 
looking for Lojban text corpera in the next several weeks for dictionary 
work, and if a lot of Lojban conversation is taking place on IRC, that 
conversation should be included in the corpera.

I am also seeking volunteers to form a committee to maintain a directory of 
Lojban text on the web. Evguenie Sklyanin has of course kept a general 
archive of interesting pages in and about Lojban, but I'd like some people 
who would be actively seeking out lojban text on home pages and text 
collections that people have on their own sites, lojban text in wikis and 
in CVS (as well as the standard collection of text on the lojban.org site 
and the rest of the Lojban webring). Anything longer than a paragraph or 
so in Lojban should be indexed (until we have so much that single 
paragraphs don't matter much).

Ideally the list of pages will be maintained in a single web page, which I 
think Robin will allot space for on lojban.org. I'd also like one person 
on this committee to volunteer to report regularly according to the Lojban 
"official projects" page.

Any volunteers?

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org