Subject: Newbie says hi

From: "Stefan \"1of3\" Koch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:36:56 +0100

charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

coi me'u ctefan-kox.=20

mi nanmu dotco .i xabju la cnino bramalsi poi tcadu be'a la hamburg pe'e lu=
'a le pa karce cacra .i mi jbena fi le detri be li re pi'e pare pi'e pasobi=
ci

So I hope my attempt of introduction is understandable. It leads me to two =
questions though.=20

How does lojban handle names with more than one part (for example birth and=
family name)? Using hyphens seem unlojbanic to me but making a pause is AF=
AIK not allowed within a name.

How can I say "I'm 18 years old." I didn't find an appropriate brivla. And =
expressing my birthdate seems unhandy.

Two more questions that came to my mind while reading the reference grammar=
:

When I use co-conversion of tanru within a description, do I have to termin=
ate the sumti to prevent other arguments of the bridi to run into the descr=
iption? I think they will but the gramar doesn't say so explicitly.

The last thing is more an idea:

Could "se'inai" be used with to mark somebody else's definitions, exspectat=
ions etc.? If so "ti'e" and "za'a" might be used to mark how one came to kn=
ow of that person's opinions.

mu'omi'e ctefan.