Subject: Re: [lojban] Newbie says hi

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:39:05 -0500

On Thursday 21 November 2002 08:28, Jorge Llambias wrote:
li'o
> Also, you mean {la'u} instead of {lu'a}. There's a typo in
> the Book in the section where this construction is explained.
> I would rather say {poi tcadu be'a la xamburg va lo'e karce
> cacra}.

I think what he was trying to say is {tcadu be'a la xamburg. ce'e le pa karce 
cacra}. {pe'e} is a modifier indicating that a conjunction joins two 
termsets; {ce'e} joins two terms into a termset.

Here's an example of a termset:

cire cilre carce jarco ce'e reci cilce carce cu jarco .i
cire cilce carce jarco cu jarco reci cilce carce .ije'i
reci cilce carce cu se jarco cire cilce carce jarco?

In the first bridi, there are 32 showers and 23 carts. In the second, there 
are 32 showers, and each shows 23 carts, but there could be anywhere from 23 
to 736 carts. In the third, there are 23 carts, each of which is shown by 32 
showers, but there could be anywhere from 32 to 736 showers.

phma