Subject: co-conversion

From: "Stefan \"1of3\" Koch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:15:37 +0100

la djordj cusku di'e

> >When I use co-conversion of tanru within a description, do I have to
> >terminate the sumti to prevent other arguments of the bridi to run into
the
> >description? I think they will but the gramar doesn't say so explicitly.
>
> If I understand correctly, you're asking about something
> like {le broda co brode le brodi}. That's two separate
> sumti, {le broda co brode} and {le brodi}. To make
> {le brodi} an argument of {brode} you have to use {be}:
> {le broda co brode be le brodi}.

Yes exactly.

The grammar says that co-conversion changes the structure of the bridi so
that every sumti in front of the selbri is considered an argument of the
tertau and every sumti after the selbri is considered an argument of the
seltau. That's why I asked.

mu'omi'e ctefan.