Subject: Re: [lojban] Is .e == .ije?

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:28:28 +0000

la avital cusku di'e

>Is <SUMTI1 e SUMTI2 cu SELBRI> always equivelant to <SUMTI1 cu SELBRI .ije
>SUMTI2 cu SELBRI>?

If by SUMTI and SELBRI you mean the words, then no. At least
for slightly more complex sentences it certainly fails. For
example {lo prenu cu viska mi e do} means {ko'a goi lo prenu
zo'u tu'e ko'a viska mi ije ko'a viska do tu'u}, which is not
equivalent to {lo prenu viska mi ije lo prenu viska do}.

>If so, then is <mi .e do mo> equivelant to <mi mo .ije do mo>?

I'm not sure whether the connective or the selbri have scope
precedence. I would have said the selbri a while ago, but
apparently only {na} of the selbri is supposed to have widest
scope. The rules are not clear. If it is just order of
appearance, then they are equivalent.

>If so, how would I say, "What did we both do? (not neccisarily as a mass)"?

You could say {mo mi e do}. In this case {mo} surely must
have precedence, and it must expand to something like
{mo mi ije go'i do}.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online 
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963