Subject: LLG Board decisions made 25 November 2002

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:22:17 -0500

The LLG Board approved a new policy on the Lojban Baseline yesterday. See 
my other post for details. Please read it, even though it is long. It is 
important, and we are seeking community approval as well as volunteers to 
help on an intense effort that should finally result in a Lojban dictionary.

Several other decisions were made of interest and importance to the community.

1. (Especially for voting members) The LLG Annual Meeting will be held on 
June 15, 2003 at 6PM EDT, completely separate from LogFest, using IRC or 
some other on-line approach that will allow international members to 
participate. People who wish to propose agenda items or bylaws changes 
must do so well before May 15, 2003, when notice will be mailed out by 
snail mail to all voting members. If the meeting cannot be concluded by 
July 15, then it will be adjourned until July 26 at LogFest, but that 
should not happen. It is intended that we will try to have simultaneous 
translation of the meeting in both English and Lojban by some mechanism.

2. LogFest 2003 will be held at a hotel near here (Fairfax VA near 
Washington DC) instead of my house, for the comfortable housing of more 
attendees. LogFest will be the last weekend of July, July 25-27. The 
specific hotel will be announced when it is arranged. Those who wish to 
save money, may still stay at my house, and we will work out some sort of 
transportation arrangement to and from the gathering. LogFest will be more 
strongly oriented towards teaching and using the language than in prior 
years because of the meeting shift.

3. In the interest of fundraising, we have established two categories of 
non-voting honorary membership in LLG, a "contributing membership" with $50 
dues per year and a "sustaining membership" with $100 dues per year. We 
aren't yet offering any special services with these honorary memberships, 
other than a promise of priority attention and a listing of your name as a 
contributor in Ju'i Lobypli, but we need to establish a regular source of 
income other than book sales, which aren't enough to support all the things 
we want to do. Membership dues should be tax-deductible in the USA because 
of our organization status.
Honorary contributing memberships are totally unconnected with 
voting membership, and voting members are requested (but not required) to 
become contributors.

4. We are planning to restart publication of Ju'i Lobypli next April. The 
Board is asking Jay Kominek to prepare an issue of at least 40 pages 
(assuming letter size), and if satisfactory, he will be named editor and we 
will attempt to publish that issue, which will go to all subscribers.

5. As of the end of 2002, LLG will no longer be accepting credit card 
payments for orders. You'll need to use PayPal (especially if overseas) or 
cash/checks for orders. We've been spending more per month for credit card 
services than we have been selling.

6. Nick's "level 0 book" will be published in "POD" (print on demand) form 
when Nick releases it for publication. If this works out, the textbook 
that he and Robin Turner wrote will also be issued in that form. We expect 
that POD orders will be much more rapid than my current SLOW service on 
book orders.

If anyone has questions on these things, please speak up.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org