Subject: Re: [llg-members] Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:56:59 +0000

[I've removed crossposting; restore it in the reply if you see fit]

A couple of questions.

First, does a vote in favour count as a vote in favour of the general thrust
of the document, or as support (or lack of dissent) for every detail of it?

Second, I have a query about the following passage:

# The language design freeze will last for a minimum 5 years after its
# initial declaration, and may be extended on a year by year basis until such
# time as discussion of language problems, and potential changes to fix 
# those problems, is substantially discussed in Lojban by skilled users of the
# language. When that situation is deemed to occur, the question of
# maintaining the baseline, or terminating the freeze in the language
# prescription will be turned over to the Lojban-using community.

Is it saying that (a) the freeze will be for a minimum of 5 years and
(b) thereafter, LLG will decide how long it continues, and (c) once
discussion is mainly in Lojban by skilled users, LLG will abdicate its
powers vis a vis the baseline and freeze?

--And.