Subject: [lojban] Re: Translation: "The Man and the Snake", by Ambrose Bierce

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:08:30 -0600

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:54:34PM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> > > > jmimifra: jimpe+mifra: x1:j1 deciphers coded text x2:m1=?j2
> > > > (of plain text x3:m2=?j2), in code system x4:j3=m4
> > >
> > > I use "selmifygau" for that: x1 deciphers plaintext x2 from ciphertext 
> >x3 in
> > > cipher x4.
> >
> >Works for me. The same place structure as the above sound right?
> 
> I'd interpret mifygau and selmifygau as the same thing with
> different orderings: "x1 makes x2 be coded form of x3 by code x4",
> and "x1 encodes plaintext x2 into x3 by code x4". I use
> {tolmifygau}, from {to'e mifygau} for decipher: x1 decodes/extracts
> plaintext x2 from coded form x3 by code x4".

I was talking about mifyjmi. I agree with your comments on mifygau
and selmifygau though, and I'll use tolmifygau for "decipher"
generally. Here I think cmeclax's suggestion "mifyjmi" might be
better though.

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku