Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [llg-members] Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:07:49 -0500

On Thursday 28 November 2002 19:29, Nick Nicholas wrote:
> To add: if there is ambiguity in CLL as to the shape of acceptable
> fu'ivla etc., the BPFK can step in and disambiguate.. If the CLL
> clearly states "shape X is experimental only", I don't think the BPFK
> should make such experimental shapes official, since noone yet but
> the petitioner has used those experimental shapes extensively (let's
> be blunt here): the time for experimentality is not yet passed.

The shape that CLL (or at least the refgram; I don't have a hardcopy CLL) 
says is experimental is a rafsi fu'ivla lujvo, including such forms as 
{tci'ilykemcantutra} and {glaukyne'o} which are accepted by both me and 
jbofi'e.

As I read the refgram, {ala'um} is invalid, though I think it should be valid 
since {'um} is not a possible word, and {srutio}, {letcue}, and {damskrima} 
are all valid. I heard somewhere about a rule that a brivla cannot have four 
letters in a row which are consonants not in "mrnl", or something like that, 
but I don't see that in the refgram. The example I came up with when RPC was 
developing that part of jbofi'e was {matststststststsaka}. vlatai accepts 
{mastrstsrstaka}, which I find a lot harder to pronounce than {damskrima}, 
which it rejects.

phma