Subject: RE: [lojban] Why we should cancel the vote or all vote NO (was

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:06:07 -0500

At 07:13 PM 11/29/02 -0500, Craig wrote:
> >> But the policy is not open to amendment at this point
>
> >For this very reason, I will vote against it, even though I agree with
> >the great majority of it.
>
>I agree.

This is everyone's privilege.

>I also feel that the votes so far should be visible to the voters -
>nothing is gained or lost, and I want to know how people who haven't written
>in yet feel. Information wants to be free.

I believe that the votes will be made public when the voting is 
complete. But I want people to decide on their own, not on the basis of 
what other people have or have not done (which would only encourage the 
factionalism that I am attempting to reduce).

I would in fact be inclined to keep the voting a proper secret ballot, but 
I don't think that yahoogroups polls provide for that. The virtue of a 
secret ballot should not need to be debated.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org