Subject: word resolution algorithm

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 00:14:56 -0500

Buried in my discussion with Pierre, I recalled that the word resolution 
algorithm was not proven in time to be included in CLL, though it was 
intended to be part of the baseline language definition. At the time, I 
said we could just add it into the dictionary, but the new policy does not 
specifically allow for that (though the byfy could probably include 
it). Updating and proving the word resolution algorithm would be a good 
project for one person with the sort of mathematical-proof-of-algorithm 
experience needed, and could be done independently, and a working algorithm 
could simply byfy deliberations over what could amount to a raft of 
corrections and change proposals in the orthography/morphology sections of 
the refgrammar, which has numerous sloppy wordings.

http://www.lojban.org/files/software/BRKWORDS.TXT
has the version as it then existed, which I think used "iy" as a link for 
non-gismu components in lujvo, which was eventually supplanted by zei 
because we couldn't make it work.

Anyone who wants to undertake this, please speak up. It will be the byfy 
and/or the voting membership declaring the baseline freeze that will decide 
whether to include a final version of this in the baseline. I think it is 
needed if someone can do it.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org