Subject: Re: [lojban] Why we should cancel the vote or all vote NO (was RE: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:03:55 +0000

la lojbab cusku di'e

>If this policy is voted down, then [...] there likely will be no byfy (Nick 
>accepted the job
>conditional on a mandate of approval for the policy),

If the question was whether or not to give Nick a vote of
confidence for the leadership of the byfy project, then my
vote would be YES without any doubts.

If the question is whether one agrees with every detail
spelled out in the policy, my vote would be NO. I disagree
with some things in there, mostly those things that have to
do with freezes and official seals of approval.

Since the two questions seem to be unnecessarily conflated,
I will abstain. I'm confident anyway that the policy will be
approved by an overwhelming majority and so my not voting
will not risk leaving Nick without a mandate. It will however
reduce the tally of "Lojbanists interested enough in Lojban
to vote on this issue".

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus