Subject: [lojban] Re: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: Steven Belknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 11:40:02 -0600

On Saturday, November 30, 2002, at 08:07 PM, Invent Yourself wrote:

> Are you suggesting that the toggle be incorporated into the official
> ma'oste in order to bribe the remaining five Loglan people -- none of 
> whom
> have even asked for this cmavo -- into learning Lojban?

What?! You think that there are only five Loglan people who might be 
interested in lojban? That explains your idiotic remarks, I suppose. I 
personally know more than thirty persons who were interested in Loglan 
at one time or another, but are not at all active in lojban. I have 
been interested in Loglan since the mid 1970s when I first read JCB's 
Scientific American article, which my father had in his library. I 
started a Loglan club in my high school. I have seen copies of the 
Loglan books in the offices of a linguistics professors and an IBM 
programmer. There are some Loglan sleeper cells and singletons out 
there who have been waiting for lojban for decades, though perhaps they 
don't know it.

I don't know if the toggle cmavo is a good idea or not. I do know that 
arrogance is not a very good attractive quality for a community which 
seeks to grow.

-Steven