Subject: [lojban] Some concerns from a Lojban beginner

From: Martin Norbäck <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Dec 2002 00:26:33 +0100

I've just recently started to learn Lojban, and so far I like what I
see.

I am getting a bit troubled when I read the discussion about catering
for the other Loglan dialect as well.

As I've understood it, they are mostly orthogonal when it comes to
gismu, and that's where the big learning part is for me at least. I am
quite fast in picking up grammar and semantics, but terribly slow in
learning new words.

So, anyone wanting to have a way to incorporate Loglan words into
Lojban, please go ahead, but I won't be able to read them, I am not
interested in learning double sets of words.

Changing the baseline words, the 1300 gismu, is also probably a
no-option.

I thinks it's better to keep the languages separate and let people use
the one they think is better.

By the way, if anyone has a good method for learning words, let me know!

Regards,

Martin

-- 
Martin Norbäck <[email-masked]>