Subject: [lojban] Re: Why we should cancel the vote or all vote NO (was RE: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:55:58 -0800

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 12:23:20PM -0000, And Rosta wrote:
> I don't think it is right for the Board to formulate policy that seeks
> a mandate without first consulting the community on what that policy
> should be. I don't even think it's right for the voting members to do
> so either. 

Then what the hell is the *point* of having a board?

Yeesh.

> I doubt the policy will be voted down. When will we know whether it
> has been or not? Perhaps the best way to proceed would be for me (or
> someone) to put to the members meeting a proposal to solicit feedback
> and discussion on the policy, revise the policy in the light of
> feedback, and then submit it to general vote. In the meantime, a Yes
> vote could be taken as general approval for the policy, without any
> implication that the policy in its specifics is optimal.

Umm, there's this thing called 'change' that you may have heard of. If
this passes, and you have an objection to a specific aspect, you are
more than welcome to call for a change at the member's meeting.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi