Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: Loglan

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:48:33 +0000

la and cusku di'e

>I just tried googling for Lojban and for Loglan. 384000 hits for Lojban.
>6750 hits for Loglan. (Volupuk, 29500; Esperanto, 1,080,000; Novial,
>2000; "Klingon" 398000, Tlingan, 46; Quenya, 35,200; Laadan 3300.)

I get very similar numbers for those except Esperanto, for which
for some reason I only get 199,000. For English I get 76,700,000.
For Español I get 2,390,000.

>So someone doing a bit of sustained investigation would soon realize
>that Lojban is 57 times more active than Loglan...

Well... They shouldn't jump to such linear conclusions, but they
would have strong evidence that Lojban is more active than Loglan.

>Note that Esperanto
>has only 3 times more hits than Lojban.

And Español only 6 times more! Since there are more than
300,000,000 native speakers of Spanish, we can estimate the
number of Lojban speakers to be around 50,000,000! :)

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus