Subject: [lojban] Re: Some concerns from a Lojban beginner

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:03:59 -0800

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 06:57:14PM -0500, Robert LeChevalier wrote:
> At 12:26 AM 12/2/02 +0100, Martin Norb?ck wrote:
> >By the way, if anyone has a good method for learning words, let me
> >know!
> 
> LogFlash embodies the most successful algorithm for learning words by
> study that we've ever found, but it isn't "fun" for most people.
> Other than that, trying to write in Lojban is the only way to really
> master the vocabulary.

Ummm, SuperMemo has rather a lot more research and time behind it. I
doubt very much the two methods have gone head-to-head, but in my own
use of a dumbed-down SuperMemo product, I'm up to ~1000 words of
comfortable vocabulary in ~8 months.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi