Subject: [lojban] Re: Why we should cancel the vote or all vote NO (was RE: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:55:25 -0800

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 01:50:57AM -0000, And Rosta wrote:
> Robin:
> > On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 12:23:20PM -0000, And Rosta wrote:
> > > I don't think it is right for the Board to formulate policy that
> > > seeks a mandate without first consulting the community on what
> > > that policy should be. I don't even think it's right for the
> > > voting members to do so either. 
> > 
> > Then what the hell is the *point* of having a board?
> 
> I've been wondering about that, and also about the point of having
> voting and nonvoting members. I gather it has something to do with DC
> legal requirements, but I'm not really clued up. 
>
[snip]
> > Yeesh 
> What does "yeesh" mean?

.o'ocu'i

> > Umm, there's this thing called 'change' that you may have heard of.
> > If this passes, and you have an objection to a specific aspect, you
> > are more than welcome to call for a change at the member's meeting 
> 
> I don't really understand the protocols and procedures. I'm not sure
> whether what I was describing is technically 'change'. 

I was being sarcastic. My point is that nothing is set in stone; the
membership can change any decision the board makes at any time.

> If I want to put forward a motion that the Board consult the
> membership, do I call that 'change'? I'm pretty confused -- are the
> by-laws online anywhere?

<boggle>

OK, you are apparently speaking from absolute ignorance of the actual
way the LLG is run.

Go to http://www.lojban.org/llg.html, read the bylaws and the minutes,
and then try again.

-Robin
PS: Once again, why the hell do I put so much work into re-organizing the
main site? The URL above is *one* *click* from *any* page on the main
site, and it's not a subtle click, either. <sigh>

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi