Subject: [lojban] Re: LLG = who? (was: RE: Re: Why we should cancel the vote or all vote NO (was RE: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:50:46 -0600

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 03:28:25AM -0000, And Rosta wrote:
> Robin:
[...]
> > Ranting on about how the whole community should have been consulted from
> > the get-go is just silly 
> 
> Apparently so, since nobody else seems to think they should have been
> consulted. I'm quite surprised, though. I'd have thought that the
> view would be more prevalent that Lojban belongs to the general
> membership and that a 'cabal' benignly second-guessing the membership
> is still failing to adequately recognize that fact. That's what I
> would have thought, but I stand corrected.

Just thought I'd weigh in that I strongly support the board for
coming up with a decent, written proposal before consulting the
community at large. I don't think there'd be any chance of getting
anything done without that, as what was being asked of the community
would be ambiguous. I believe the members of the board sufficiently
reflect (or are at least able to consider) the various opinions of
the larger community to be able to come up with a reasonable proposal
which most everyone can live with.

Also, I think they are quite right to ask for a mandate from the
community (or at least the members (which I'm not, btw)) rather
than just acting (which they are perfectly entitled to do).

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku