Subject: [lojban] Re: LLG = who? (was: RE: Re: Why we should cancel the vote or all vote NO (was RE: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:01:51 -0800

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 03:28:25AM -0000, And Rosta wrote:
> Robin:
> > Ranting on about how the whole community should have been consulted
> > from the get-go is just silly 
> 
> Apparently so, since nobody else seems to think they should have been
> consulted. I'm quite surprised, though. I'd have thought that the view
> would be more prevalent that Lojban belongs to the general membership
> and that a 'cabal' benignly second-guessing the membership is still
> failing to adequately recognize that fact. That's what I would have
> thought, but I stand corrected.

Lojban belongs to *everyone*. But the *LLG* belongs to no-one but its
members and the policy proposal is solely about what the LLG, as an
organization, will do in particular cases.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi