Subject: [lojban] Re: Why we should cancel the vote or all vote NO (was RE: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:10:42 -0500 (EST)

And Rosta scripsit:

> I understand now. In saying that the parser should take input from
> the mahoste I did not mean "somebody should go and do the work of
> modifying the existing parser". I meant "conceptually, the right
> way for a parser to work is for it to take input from a mahoste".
> That wasn't a complaint.

And to clarify what I said:

The current parser does not take input from a ma'oste, though it descends
from a version that did take input from a ma'oste at compile time (not
run time). This was changed in order to make the parser run faster.
The current parser can *output* a ma'oste reflecting its compiled-in
knowledge.

-- 
John Cowan [email-masked] www.reutershealth.com www.ccil.org/~cowan
Promises become binding when there is a meeting of the minds and consideration
is exchanged. So it was at King's Bench in common law England; so it was
under the common law in the American colonies; so it was through more than
two centuries of jurisprudence in this country; and so it is today. 
--_Specht v. Netscape_