Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: constitutional amendability (was: RE: Re: Official Statement- LLG Board approves newbaseline policy

From: "Logical Language Group, Inc." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:03:03 -0500

At 04:46 AM 12/3/02 +0000, And Rosta wrote:
>Robin:
> > On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 03:38:47AM -0000, And Rosta wrote:
> > > I'm not sure if it's LLG policy or the internals of the baseline that
> > > are being talked about here.
> >
> > Ummm, what do you think the baseline *IS*? It's an LLG policy
>
>I think the baseline is a formal published description of certain
>components of the grammar of Lojban (published in such a way that
>it is clear what is and isn't part of the baseline). That's based
>on the recent terminological clarifications.

Very close. It is the published description AND the organizational 
commitment to that description. Anyone in the community can publish a book 
about Lojban, but LLG-the-official-organization is by the new policy 
committed to treating such publications with varying amounts of respect in 
response, based on compliance with the adopted 
baseline. LLG-the-organization has no power over LLG-the-community except 
to the extent that the latter is willing to follow the lead of the former, 
and that requires that the former actually do some leading, which is what 
we are finally getting around to doing.

lojbab

lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org