Subject: Arabic, Hindi, Urdu, Simp.Chinese required

From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 02:14:36 +1100

Lojbanists, I take a break from your scheduled argling to notify you 
that the new version of the Level 0 package is up, incorporating Robin 
Powell's comments; it also incoporates a pronunciation key in the six 
base languages of Lojban.

The six languages are given in their original scripts --- Arabic, 
Chinese (Traditional), Devanagari & Arabic (Hindi, Urdu), Cyrillic, 
Latin (English, Spanish). This has caused me much woe and delay in 
getting the Unicode, postscript, and pdf right. It also still has some 
gaps, and I hereby request that any Lojbanists competent in Arabic, 
Hindi, Urdu, Chinese check the pdf for accuracy and comprehensiveness. 
(I will also need a simplified Chinese version, for completeness; 
aulun, would you mind gritting your teeth and committing this barbarism 
for me? ;-) .) In particular the Arabic and Urdu are likely to be 
shaky, and there are a couple of Hindi examples where I don't know if 
there is corresponding Urdu, and if there is, how it's pronounced.

The pdf is at: http://www.opoudjis.net/lojbanbrochure/lojbanLevel0.pdf

When the language checking is done, I will do one final proofread, and 
then I will release the booklet for publication. If you still have 
comments on it, hie yourselves to:
http://www.lojban.org/wiki/index.php/Level%200%20Booklet

== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Nick Nicholas, Breathing | le'o ko na rivbi fi'inai palci je tolvri 
danlu
[email-masked] | -- Miguel Cervantes tr. Jorge 
LLambias