Subject: [lojban] Re: Some concerns from a Lojban beginner

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:14:02 -0800

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:14:57AM +0100, Martin Norb?ck wrote:
> tis 2002-12-03 klockan 00.01 skrev Robin Lee Powell:
> > On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 12:26:33AM +0100, Martin Norb?ck wrote:
> > > By the way, if anyone has a good method for learning words, let me
> > > know!
> > 
> > I have been using SuperMemo for my PalmOS device, and am *extremely*
> > happy with it. See http://www.mapletop.com/
> 
> Ok, I've downloaded and installed it. Is there a ready-to-use database
> or should I just install the text file from www.lojban.org?

Look at http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/flashcards/

You can either use sm_New_English_-__lojban.PDB which has everything set
up but is missing about 80 of the least common cmavo, or you can take
big_list_supermemo.dos and run mapeltop's conversion on it. Then you
should read the README to get the fields and such set up properly.

I've been adding 10 words every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and it's
been working well for me.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi