Subject: [lojban] Re: Another General Statement Of Support

From: Theodore Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:24:29 -0800

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:21:38 -0000
"poldenet" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I agree wholeheartedly with what Robin says below.
> 
> Except that if the vote fails I will not be flaming anyone. I will
> hovever be abandoning Lojban as unworthy of any more of my time. 
> 
> I have been slogging my guts out for six months trying to learn Lojban
> and I see no point in continuing if there is no interest in creating a
> stable environment for learning the language. This means not only a
> stable language design but also a community of users adhering to the
> same basic design. If the vote fails I don't see how we are ever
> going to achieve this. The analogy of Esperanto is an apt one. Look
> at how well the Fundamento has served Esperanto. Then look at Ido.

I agree with what Robin says, but I don't think that it is all as
important as you claim. Nevertheless, I voted yes last week. So, there's
my statement of support. ;)

-- 
Theodore Reed (rizen/bancus) -==- http://www.surreality.us/
~OpenPGP Signed/Encrypted Mail Preferred; Finger me for my public key!~

"Like a man who has worn eyeglasses so long that he forgets he has them
on, we forget that the world looks to us the way it does because we have
become used to seeing it that way through a particular set of lenses."
-- Kenich Ohmae