Subject: [lojban] Re: Arabic, Hindi, Urdu, Simp.Chinese required

From: Robin Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 01:19:54 +0200

Nick Nicholas wrote:
> Lojbanists, I take a break from your scheduled argling to notify you 
> that the new version of the Level 0 package is up, incorporating Robin 
> Powell's comments; it also incoporates a pronunciation key in the six 
> base languages of Lojban.

Very nice!

The only thing I'd take issue with (which I think I've mentioned before) 
is the idea that Lojban is more verbose than English because of the lack 
of unmarked metaphor / idiom. I think this is compensated for by 
attitudinals and the fact that a lot of grammatical features are 
optional (tense, aspect etc.).

It would also be nice if we could find a more aesthetically pleasing 
font for Lojban text, but PDF is tricky that way - I've produced 
unreadable (under Windows) PDF documents by trying to use my favourite font.

robin.tr

-- 
"Do unto others what you would like others to do unto you. And have fun 
doing it."
- Linus Torvalds

Robin Turner
IDMYO,
Bilkent University
Ankara 06533
Turkey

www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin