Subject: [lojban] Re: Loglan

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 01:13:16 -0000

Bob:
> I think the active hostility to LLG by TLI died with JCB. I made
> it one of my conditions for accepting to be CEO of TLI that I would
> cooperate with LLG, which was accepted by the Trustees. There
> is no objection on my part to preparing a two-way dictionary. As
> for the membership list, would LLG provide TLI with their membership
> list so we could attempt to poach their members? I think not 

Speaking just for myself, I think it would be great if a joint
statement from TLI and LLG was sent to members of both groups.
The statement could make it clear that each group wishes to be
welcoming to the other (etc. etc.), and could perhaps also give an 
honest appraisal of the current situation, which, as I see it, is 
that as language designs the two are pretty much equivalent (and
hence can justly be seen as alternate incarnations of the same
underlying design), but in levels of active participation are 
massively discrepant.

--And.