Subject: [lojban] Re: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: sbelknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:59:50 -0600

All of my kids are already fully bilingual in English/Spanish. I'm hoping for 
trilingualism. My son is the most interested in lojban. Does anybody have a 
good source for clip art which would be good for illustrating the gismu? I am 
trying to build a Filemaker Database of the gismu with pictures of the gismu 
for my kids. Actually, it would be kind of neat if FlashCards could show 
pictures and pronounce lojban words. That would really help with my son, who 
is just learning to read English. I am using FlashCards 1.8 under MacOSX. I 
have some "real" (cardboard) flashcards, which have pictures on one side and 
English words on the other. FlashCards should have a way to handle pictures.

Another point, is that when my son learns the lojban for a word in a given 
symantic category, he wants to know the other words in the same category. I 
translated Pierre's post for him, and we talked about the birds datka, gunse, 
jipci, and xruki. He wanted to know the gismu for penguin, which is 
prominently displayed on a Linux book on my desk. I told him limcpi, but I 
guess that's probably not very good.

It would be great if there was a network of symantically related gismu that 
one could "walk" through on a computer.

co'o mi'e la stivn