Subject: [lojban] Re: Loglan

From: sbelknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:05:54 -0600

>===== Original Message From [email-masked] =====
>Bob McIvor:
>> Most newcomers to TLI have looked at both languages before deciding
>> to go with TLI
>
>I'm curious as to what their reasons were. Do you know?
>
>(I found Loglan (word lists) shortly before Lojban. I never really made
>a conscious choice between them, but Lojban had a lively net community
>and Loglan didn't, so I gradually became part of Lojban. I still think
>that that's the main substantive criterion for choosing between the
>two.)

I was also influenced by the relatively greater vitality of the lojban 
listserv. If there had been approximately equal activity on the Loglan and 
lojban listservs, I probably would have stuck with Loglan, simply to avoid 
memorizing a whole new vocabulary. But weeks and months went by on the Loglan 
list with no activity. There wasn't really any sense of an active community. 
So I gravitated towards lojban.

-Steven