Subject: [lojban] Re: Loglan

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 08:32:18 -0500

At 06:00 PM 12/4/02 -0600, sbelknap wrote:
>About this poaching business I can only express mystification. I just don't
>get it. I generally favor transparency of intellectual capital. I see no
>reason why LLG should be unwilling to share their membership list with TLI.

The primary reason would be privacy, and the keeping of commitment. We 
have explicitly said that we will not sell our mailing list, and therefore 
should not give it away either. TLI back in the 80s not only did not make 
such a promise, they printed a list of member addresses (and IIRC phone 
numbers) in Lognet on a periodic basis, and in fact that was how I got the 
address list - from the editor of LogNet because my initial intent was to 
put out a sort of unofficial LogNet to try to get things moving again.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org