Subject: [lojban] Lojbanic children (was Re: Re: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:58:19 -0800

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 07:59:50PM -0600, sbelknap wrote:
> Actually, it would be kind of neat if FlashCards could show pictures
> and pronounce lojban words. That would really help with my son, who is
> just learning to read English. I am using FlashCards 1.8 under MacOSX.
> I have some "real" (cardboard) flashcards, which have pictures on one
> side and English words on the other. FlashCards should have a way to
> handle pictures.

I know SuperMemo can do this, but I have no idea if there's a Mac
version.

> Another point, is that when my son learns the lojban for a word in a
> given symantic category, he wants to know the other words in the same
> category. 
[snip]
> It would be great if there was a network of symantically related gismu
> that one could "walk" through on a computer.

Some work has been done on dividing the gismu into topics; I think it
can be found on the files TWiki or the yahoogroups file space, but I
don't have a browser in front of me right now.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi