Subject: [lojban] Re: Official Statement- LLG Board approves new baseline policy

From: Robert McIvor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 19:58:36 -0500

On Jeudi, déce 5, 2002, at 09:06 US/Eastern, Robert LeChevalier wrote:

> But the 30-year TLI customer list is probably unrecoverable, even to
> McIvor, and most of JCB's book buyers did so more than 25 years ago.
>
I know at one time in our acquaintance, JCB had a list of some 2000 
purchases
or enquiries about the 1975 edition. It may well have been destroyed. 
I believe he
at one time, probably when the latest edition appeared, sent cards to 
these people
informing them of the new edition, but a large proportion of them 
returned undeliverable,
and I don't think the delivered ones produced much response. He may 
have been
careless about his bookkeeping, but he did keep careful note of such 
things as enquiries,
responses to ads etc. My memory of the above is rather vague, so don't 
take it as gospel,
aside from the fact that the list existed at one time. I think it 
would be even more useless
at present, and I think the analogy of corn growers to book buyers is 
weak.