Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Arabic, Hindi, Urdu, Simp.Chinese required

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 01:13:34 -0500 (EST)

Nick Nicholas scripsit:

> I'll put up a sampler of monospace and monospacish fonts for people to 
> express opinions from. I'm having to generate the pdf via Windows now 
> rather than Mac, and for now am sticking to what comes with Win2000 or 
> is freeware. Lojban is currently Andale Mono; I wouldn't mind going to 
> Trebuchet. Courier is not an option.

Actually, I think monowidth fonts are ugly, and even more so when
mixed with proportional ones: "foo *bar baz* zam" where "bar baz"
is monowidth always looks like it groups (foo bar) (baz zam) because
of the the fat monowidth space character between bar and baz.

Why not pick some decent, though distinctive, serifed proportional font?
Note that CLL uses a proportional font for Lojban which is kind of
semi-serif, mostly sans but with a serif on "l" where it's really needed.

-- 
Her he asked if O'Hare Doctor tidings sent from far John Cowan
coast and she with grameful sigh him answered that www.ccil.org/~cowan
O'Hare Doctor in heaven was. Sad was the man that word www.reutershealth.com
to hear that him so heavied in bowels ruthful. All [email-masked]
she there told him, ruing death for friend so young,
algate sore unwilling God's rightwiseness to withsay. _Ulysses_, "Oxen"