Subject: Re: [lojban] Aesthetics

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:34:27 +0000

la nitcion cusku di'e

>And I regard the refusal to include graphic representations of
>punctuation (the dotless style) as callousness to me the reader.

The dots are not punctuation in Lojban, they are word-internal.

If they only appeared in {.i} it could be argued that they
were punctuation, and there they do provide some help to discern
the structure of phrases, but in other places I find them more
disruptive than helpful.

>Yes, I
>can work out Lojban written without dots. But why is your lojban so
>cool as to merit the extra headache?

Once you accept that it makes no difference, you don't even
notice which style you're reading and the headaches go away.
Something like the x- and h-surrogate alphabets for Esperanto.
Some people like to spend a lot of time arguing about it, but
most people don't even notice which system they are reading
unless they pay special attention to the matter.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail