Subject: Re: [lojban-java] Anyone alive?

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 17:50:06 +0100

On Saturday 07 December 2002 00:20, Aaron Unger wrote:
> I'm alive, but I just joined the list a day or 2 ago. I figured doing
> some programming with Lojban would help me learn it more quickly.

i have been doing some non-lojban-specific programming on a vocab learning 
tool (Popup), that works by selecting the correct answer from a number of 
possible alternatives by mouseclick instead of typing. i have been having 
lots more ideas for it, but no time to code. find it through 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~bjoern , i have gotten code contributed from 
someone, that is not included there. he is working on the thing on his own 
for now.

> Apart from being alive, does anyone have a project I could work on, or
> an idea for a project I could help out with? I thought about re-writing
> Logflash in Java, but realized I couldn't understand what the heck was
> going on in the pascal sources. (being a c/c++,java,perl coder.. I'm not
> quite old enough :-)

i thought c was much older than pascal ;).

to your possible surprise, Popup is done in objective-c, the language used by 
nextstep, macosx, and most importantly gnustep, very nice if you know c and 
java.
[...]
- -- 
Article 6 from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before
the law.
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07