Subject: [lojban] Re: Aesthetics

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:46:31 -0500 (EST)

Invent Yourself scripsit:

> Using the cmavo, even though the CLL does it, is like the arbitrary
> English habit of spelling out numbers less than "fifteen", but using
> digits for numbers over 16. At some point, for numbers large enough to be
> unwieldy, even the most devoted cmavo-lover must break down and use
> digits. But at what threshold?

Depends. For technical prose (in English) I use digits for all numbers
greater than 9, and even for smaller numbers if I am contrasting with 10
or greater, as in this sentence. But in non-technical prose I'll go up
to ninety-nine, and in dialogue even arbitrarily large numbers are spelled
out.

-- 
My confusion is rapidly waxing John Cowan
For XML Schema's too taxing: [email-masked]
I'd use DTDs http://www.reutershealth.com
If they had local trees -- http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
I think I best switch to RELAX NG.