Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: "2moi" crap (was Re: Aesthetics)

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 14:27:01 -0500

At 11:59 AM 12/7/02 -0500, John Cowan wrote:
>Jordan DeLong scripsit:
> > No one will ever need to write "12312.0012moi", so the long-number
> > argument is bogus when applied to it.
>
>Not too clear; I find nothing strange in the idea of the 598moi page
>of a book, or even the 598;22moi line of that book (viz. line 22 on
>page 598). This is pronounced "musobipi'ereremoi", of course.

I like it! This is the sort of serendipitous convention discovery that I 
appreciate most about Lojban. (If anyone wonders what lojbab really likes 
about Lojban, it is the sudden insight that comes when the formerly 
commonplace is reanalyzed in a new way. I also like finding "malglico" 
constructions in Russian even though I know they are really just artifacts 
of the common Indo-European heritage).

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org