Subject: [lojban] Re: cmegadri valfendi preti

From: Nora LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 15:59:18 -0500

At 11:15 AM 12/7/02 -0500, John Cowan wrote:
>Robert LeChevalier scripsit:
>
> > fu'ivla, especially Type IVs, however, are irregular, and thus there are
> > few aural patterns that distinguish them. I haven't heard spoken Lojban
> > with a lot of fu'ivla in them, but I suspect that with fluent speech they
> > will be the hardest to identify.
>
>I would actually like to see the byfy nail down the definition of Type 4s,
>saying "They take these forms and no others" rather than the current
>negative definition: "They take whatever forms are left after gismu/
>cmavo compounds/lujvo/Type 3s/rafsi fu'ivla have been removed."

Especially since the definition in CLL may be broken. It says type IV's 
can't be any combination of cmavo, gismu and lujvo; but it never says (at 
least I can't find it) that it can't be a combination of cmavo and shorter 
fu'ivla!

-- 
mi'e noras [email-masked]
Nora LeChevalier