Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Loglan

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 16:21:55 -0500

At 03:01 PM 12/7/02 -0500, Craig wrote:
> > I have not been driven away. The point is, that given Nick's agenda
> >and the expressed desires of the majority, I do not think I have
> >anything worthwhile
> >to contribute to the meeting.
>
>I had misinterpreted your mail. This clarification comes as a relief; even
>one instance of the jboste driving away anyone with any interest would be
>troubling to me.

Actual, jboste has driven many people away, unfortunately.

1. Arguments getting too heated (I opine that this drove pc away, though 
it may also have been that he needed a break)

2. Volume has driven many many people away

3. Many people, including Nowicki the Ygyde promoter in a recent 
alt.language.artificial post, have indicated that we give the impression 
that Lojbanists can't agree about anything. To those who want to see a 
language used rather than argued about, and those who simply aren't 
interested in deep logicolinguistic discussion, this is a turnoff, 
especially when the arguments are esoteric and therefore sound like arguing 
how many angels dance on the head of a pin.

Of course each of these features has attracted some people who might have 
thought Lojban less interesting without them. And, for example, once 
complimented us before actually getting involved himself, as having one of 
the few lists where one could learn something new about linguistics and 
language.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org