Subject: [lojban] Re: [h] (was: RE: Re: Aesthetics

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 15:20:29 -0800

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 09:22:02AM -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> Robin Turner scripsit:
> 
> > Surely anyone who can say "uhuh" can say "ihi".
> 
> Well, actually, no. [h] has back articulation, and so does [u], but
> stretching from [i] to [h] and back again is quite hard.

I am so far from having even the slightest problem saying ihi that I'm
wondering if I'm missing something.

My toungue doesn't move position in my mouth *at* *all* to say ihi;
there's merely a slight change in flexure in the middle.

Actually, if someone who understands this discussion wants to call me on
the phone and tell me if I'm doing something drastically wrong, just
mail me privately (I can pay the long distance).

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi