Subject: [lojban] Re: Baseline statement

From: "Newton, Philip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:59:04 +0100

John Cowan wrote:
> we have spaces between words, as all known orthographies 
> do, except maybe Hiragana?

Hiragana and katakana as well as Japanese written in a mix of kanji and
kana, Chinese written in hanzi (but not Korean written in han'geul), Thai,
Lao, Khmer, for starters.

Tibetan separates syllables with little dots (tsheg) but in a sample I saw
appeared to use, in addition, inter-word space. Ethiopic sometimes uses
"colon"s rather than spaces between words, but that amounts to pretty much
the same thing (i.e. using an orthographic device to separate words).

But that still leaves at least J. Ch. Th. L. Kh.

I imagine Yi also may not use inter-word punctuation or spacing.

mu'omi'e filip.
[email copies appreciated, since I read the digest]
{ko fukpi mrilu fi mi ki'u le du'u mi te mrilu le notseljmaji}
-- 
filip.niutyn. <[email-masked]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.