Subject: [lojban] rei (was: RE: Re: More stuff

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:03:15 -0000

Robin:
> On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 07:24:29PM -0500, Robert LeChevalier wrote:
> > At 11:40 PM 12/7/02 +0000, And Rosta wrote:
> > >You are likely right about the lack of redundancy, but (a) it is
> > >unlikely to be a frequent problem, given that word recognition uses
> > >pragmatic as well as phonetic clues,
> > 
> > On the contrary, it has already been a problem. TLI Loglan had it
> > with their numbers (which are ni ne to te fo fe so se vo ve), which
> > Bob Chassell and others had problems with, so I made the Lojban set
> > what it is now - yet people object to re/rei. 
> 
> s/people/thinkit/

I and, I infer, Craig, think the objection is a good one. The other
digit cmavo are assigned maximally distinct forms, so replacing {rei}
with {xei} would be consistent with the principle behind the other
digits. I realize that Tinkit is hex's only fan, but Lojban is
designed to accommodate hex fans (& I myself am quite pleased that
there are words for 'ten, eleven, dozen').

--And.