Subject: [lojban] Re: name of the language

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:31:39 -0800

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 02:25:41PM -0600, Steven Belknap wrote:
> For those concerned about "poaching," check out the html code for
> Loglan.org and lojban.org. Note that the content meta tags for
> lojban.org do not mention Loglan, while those for Loglan.org do
> mention lojban! The purpose of the meta content tag is to help people
> find us with google and other search engines. There is absolutely
> nothing wrong with putting "Loglan" in the content list for
> lojban.org. I guess that is why lojban gets no higher than 13th on
> google, while the first 12 hits are all Loglan sites.
> 
> Um, Robin?

I think that loglan.org mentioning lojban is *highly* innappropriate, as
the reverse would be for us. I will bow to the boards' will in this,
however.

And, btw, I have no idea what search *you* are running on google, but
the first few hits *I* get when I enter 'lojban' into google, in order,
are:

http://www.lojban.org/
http://xiron.pc.helsinki.fi/lojban/
http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/
http://neptune.spaceports.com/~words/lojban.html
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/
http://g.webring.com/hub?ring=lojban

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi