Subject: [lojban] the ethics of the HTML content meta tag

From: sbelknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:08:33 -0600

Robin-

It is absolutely not rude to include relevant keywords in the meta content tag 
field!

To the contrary, it is rude (and stupid) to *not* include relevant keywords. 
The Loglan site does *not* violate any ethical principle here. If I hadn't 
been scorched by xod for using the word "idiotic" in reference to a point of 
view, I'd repeat that adjective here. The Loglanders haven't defaced the 
lojban web site, made any false claim, or done anything else wrong. It is 
simply a fact that some of those interested in lojban will also be interested 
in Loglan. My legion of 500 former Loglanders will be hindered in finding 
their way to lojban given the fact that lojban is a keyword on the Loglan site 
but Loglan is not a keyword on the lojban site. The lojbanistani have done 
something which is both wrong and stupid by omitting Loglan from the content 
list.

There is simply no better way to welcome web surfing Loglanders to lojbanistan 
than to have Loglan as a keyword in our meta content tag. Robin, I'm afraid 
the cluetrain has pulled into your station and you are refusing to get on. For 
more on the ethics of searchengines, see:

http://www.searchengineethics.com/seoethics.htm

Put Loglan in the content list, and be quick about it!

co'o mi'e la stivn