Subject: [lojban] Re: the ethics of the HTML content meta tag

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:27:36 -0800

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 03:08:33PM -0600, sbelknap wrote:
> It is absolutely not rude to include relevant keywords in the meta
> content tag field!
> 
> To the contrary, it is rude (and stupid) to *not* include relevant
> keywords. The Loglan site does *not* violate any ethical principle
> here.

Let me make myself more clear:

If you search google on 'lojban', the first hit that comes up for a
loglan site is around #60 or so. And it's not much of a loglan site.
Essentially, loglan doesn't come up at all.

If you search google on 'loglan' the *thirteeth* *hit* is a page that is
actually *on* the lojban.org site.

This is because google uses a search strategy based on finding
'official' sites for topics. This is largely based on how many places
link to a site.

This means that if major lojban sites started putting 'loglan' in their
meta tags, it could very easily be the case that *most* of the google
hits for loglan would be lojban sites, because we're linked to so much
more often.

I am not interested in a situation like that.

Again, if the board wants to over-rule me, that's fine, but I disagree
with you, and you are being rude about it. Please stop, because I'm no
longer interested in what you have to say.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u jmaji le plibu taxfu
.i le remoi velru'e zo'u mo .i le cimoi velru'e zo'u ba'e prali .uisai
http://www.lojban.org/ *** to sa'a cu'u lei pibyta'u cridrnoma toi